Vets and trainers
- Safari does a great job on normal vet check-in stuff, and can also kennel your dog for a week or two if you ever need to travel. 099 713 2911, 082 100 1649, 099 895 5678, 099 490 0386.
Aristote (082 100 1649 or 099 895 5678) and Constantine (099 866 6817) are vets, too.
- Fanfan is a dog trainer in Goma: 0975 911 461.
- Jode Garbe is an American vet living in Kigali. She is occasionally hopping over to Gisenyi. She is expensive, but she does a great job. Jode.email@example.com.
Food and pet supplies
- Safari has a well-stoked store in the city center.
You can get dog food at Safari’s vet store, Ok-Mart, Sandro (see below) and GoShop (it’s pretty expensive, around $40-75 a bag). Nakumatt in Kigali sells all kinds of pet supplies like leashes and pots.
You can also get bones and meat for pretty cheap at butcheries in the city center.
Walking a dog
- The park at Karibu Hotel has nice grounds for you to quietly walk your dog.
- Safari (099 713 2911, 099 490 0386) and Jode Garbe (Jode.firstname.lastname@example.org) can handle your import/export of your pet in Congo and Rwanda respectively.